Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lightpainting | 11.18.10

When Kay and I had the opportunity to go to Orlando this spring and attend the PhotoshopWorld Conference, we went to a workshop about lightpainting.  If you've never seen it before, basically, you use flashlights to "paint" a scene in the dark.  We have played around with it a few times, but never with a lot of success. 

Then, a few weeks ago, I got the urge to make another attempt at lightpainting.  So I gathered a few friends and we headed up the mountain to find a nice, quiet, extremely dark spot.  It took a while for us to get the hang of it, but when we did - we got some pretty cool shots!  I'll share two of my favorites.

The first, (pretty realistic I'd say) is myself, Katie, and Jody with halos...


And in the second, Keigan is happy, Dillon is sad, and Michael is mad.


“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father."
                                      - Matthew 5:14-16

It's hard to believe the semester is almost over and in a matter of a month, I'll be back in Richmond for Christmas break!  We have several more portrait sessions to share with you between now and then, so check back with us soon! 

jill <><
__

No comments:

Post a Comment