Wednesday, March 5, 2014

FIELD TRIP | El Capitan Beach, California | 3.5.14


Creatio ex communitas
... the creation of a community.

Being part of a community is crucial in life.  We need relationships!  A crew of people recognized a need for a new type of community within the world of photographers, and had an idea of how to begin... with a Field Trip.  A time to build relationships, to bounce ideas, to refresh and rejuvenate your creativity.  I (Kay!) quickly applied for a spot, and myself, along with over 200 fellow photographers, gladly took the opportunity to go on a Field Trip to El Capitan Canyon in beautiful California!


For three days I had the chance to sit with, listen too, learn from, and even shoot beside other photographers who are changing the way our industry works around the world.  Photographers whom Jill & I have followed online for years, like Jill Thomas and Dan O'Day were suddenly right in front of me, sharing stories and lessons they've learned.  Talk about being inspired!

(You'll notice the mud boots... they were a common sight!  Traveling and camping across New Zealand prepared me well for being flexible where weather is concerned!)  :)



Did I mention that the Field Trip crew worked hard to make this weekend a real treat for us photographers?  All the sponsors and instructors had a plethora of information to give out, plus, I was super excited to bring home some new "camping gear."  :)  



This was a great place to camp out for a few days! 



Thanks for a great weekend, Field Trip crew!
Next year, I'm gonna take Jill with me.  :)

Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment