Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Patrick & Shannon | a Proposal! | Richmond, KY | 10.23.13

Back in the spring, Patrick asked me if I thought we could plan a surprise photo session for his girlfriend (and my old suitemate!), Shannon.  Kay and I are avid fans of all things surprise, so we circled the dates we were scheduled to be in Kentucky.  As the time approached, Patrick said:
"I've decided I would really like 
to propose during the photoshoot, 
if you think that's okay."  

Our response?  ... "ABSOLUTELY YES!"


The morning of the photoshoot, I was a nervous/crazed wreck.  We were playing it off as though the photoshoot was Shannon's reallllly early morning surprise.  So I jumped out of the car and we squealed and laughed and hugged each other.  (I think I squealed just a little bit louder... but I knew what was coming later on.)

Did I mention this session started at sunrise?  Oh how we have dearly missed this view...










Patrick kept his cool pretty well... though Shannon did comment:  "Why are you so giggly this morning!?"



It was so much fun to share our favorite spots with Patrick & Shannon!




All morning long I anxiously awaited our signal for Patrick to pop the question.  Then suddenly, it was time.  I was shaking.  And there he went, down on one knee, telling Shannon how much he loved her and asking her if she would marry him.  WHAAAAA!!!





Shannon:  "Is this really real life!?"




Victory!  :)


A surprise breakfast picnic to celebrate - with sparkling grape juice and doughnuts.  :)







Patrick and Shannon, we had a blast being part of such a special day.  (We're glad we don't have to keep it a secret anymore!)   :)  We pray that the Lord continues to lead and guide you as you prepare for marriage!  Love you guys!

Jill & Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment