Friday, October 14, 2011

California | 10.14.11



"Wait, what did you just say?!"
We said, "You can go!"
"To California??" I responded.
"Yes!!" said Mom and Dad.

If you were in my house, you might have heard this conversation a few months back. :) Two years ago, I met Kristen Booth at an Internship in Nashville. The two of us, along with fellow photographers Megan and Shannon had a fantastic week and have been friends ever since!! Such a great experience! I have been wanting to fly out to California and spend a week with Kristen, but the parental units hadn't said yes, yet...well they finally did!! So I called Kristen, booked my flight, and there you go. :)

Early Sunday morning (4:30 a.m. to be exact) I woke up and headed off to the airport. My flights were a bit...eh...interesting on the way there, but before I knew it, I was in California! When I walked off the plane, I could immediately see the beauty of California - a fantastic reminder of why I love to travel and see new places. First thing we did a photo session.  Well of course!  More from that later. Check out my first sunset!! (I was told this doesn't happen very often.)



Wednesday was the big sightseeing day. Off to LA early that morning. First stop, the Griffith Observatory.  What a fantastic view of the city!







You are now on Hollywood Blvd.  And take note we found our favorite award!!  :)


Santa Monica beach was a favorite! We had the best time "people watching." Oh the things you see and learn when you just watch people!! And you also come away with some funny stories. :)






The next pictures are from my last evening in California.  Kristen and I went to the dessert to do some new pictures of me!  One thing I didn't expect to see were the mountains.  They were everywhere!  And gorgeous :)  Such a peaceful last night.  I didn't want to leave, but now I have a reason to return. 

Check out Kristen's post about my visit here: http://www.kristenboothblog.net/?p=634




Thank you so much Mr. Jon, Mrs. Sherri, Kristen, and Andrew for letting me come spend a week with you!  So great to get to know you all better and I can't wait to see you again!

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment