Wednesday, September 28, 2011

mountains | 9.27.11

Kay Lynn came down to visit me last week - [Univ. of the Cumberlands] - and we had one of those dreary days.  However, I happen to sometimes like those dreary days, because the clouds roll right down onto the mountains and look like they're so close you could almost climb right up into them.  So I took Kay down the road to have a look at some of my favorite spots. They are beautiful on a normal day, but on this particular day, I was even more blown away by the color and feel of the mountains.




I kept stopping and pulling off alongside the road.  Kay just went with it... from the comfort and safety of the car that is.



"'For even if the mountains walk away
and the hills fall to pieces,
My love won't walk away from you,
   My covenant commitment of peace won't fall apart.'
The God who has compassion on you says so.
"
                          - Isaiah 54:10 [the Message]



Don't get too caught up in the hustle and bustle of life.  Enjoy the gifts that the Father has given you!

So if you're like us, every now and then you don't mind a drizzly, foggy day.  But it's time for some sunshine, because we're getting ready for a number of fall sessions including a wedding!

-Jill <><

No comments:

Post a Comment