Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lindsey & Brett | Engaged | 6.20.10

I first met Lindsey when we were both freshmen in high school.  Her family took me in and let me sleep on their couch.  I know - that sounds strange, so let me explain.  :)  I was part of a statewide youth choir, and Lindsey's family hosted me for a weekend.  Fastforwarding about four years, Lindsey and I ended up at the same university, with both of our families just recently having moved from Indiana to Kentucky.  We lived in the same dorm, on the same floor.  It took a while for me to realize just exactly who she was - but when I did, I came to the following conclusion: it is a small world! 

Since then, I've been blessed to have Lindsey - and her now fiance Brett - as my dear friends.  Kay and I were thrilled when they asked us to do their engagement photos.  This first image is one of my favorites - hands down.








Kay and I probably saw more of Richmond this week than we've seen in the three years we've lived here.  We were scouting out new locations for photoshoots, and I am proud to say I spotted this one below. 
It's a definite favorite.

 



Kay spied this white suitcase (Lindsey is sitting on in it the image below) as we were passing an antique shop last week.  We knew it would be a perfect prop to incorporate into Brett and Lindsey's engagement session.  The two have been living a good distance apart for a while, and when Lindsey packed up her suitcases and made the trek to visit Brett, he proposed to her less than an hour after she arrived! 


We so enjoyed our time with Brett and Lindsey.  And it turned out to be a photoshoot that the entire Tanner famiy had a hand in.  Between our downtown location and the field, we stopped off at the house for a quick wardrobe change.  Brett's shirt was a bit wrinkled, and before I knew it, Dad had the ironing board set up in the middle of the kitchen and Mom made short order of those wrinkles!  :) 





"If I could make days last forever,
and if words could make wishes come true...
I'd save every day like a treasure and then again,
I would spend them with you."
                    - Jim Croce
We love you, Brett and Lindsey!  Can't wait for the wedding!  :)

jill <><

No comments:

Post a Comment