Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pa-paw | 7.30.14


The last time we were home in Alabama, I hit the jackpot of old photos of my grandparents.  Most were images I'd never seen before.  I was particularly fond of a shot showing my teen-aged granddad leaning up against an old Ford, clearly dressed to impress in his Sunday suit.  It's definitely a keeper.  :)  But while finding that photo was such a treasure... I like this new one below even better.  I like the smile lines, the freckles, and the baseball cap he's worn for as long as I can remember.  

Comparing the two photographs - one taken well over 50 years ago, one taken moments before - I was reminded once again that in life we are always changing, learning, growing.  It is quite an adventure, quite a journey. 


Jill

P.S.  Many thanks to Kay Lynn, the carport portraiture expert!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment