Monday, January 28, 2013

a real cowgirl! | 1.28.13


Believe it or not, Jill & Kay Photography was not the first business dream Kay Lynn and I had.  First, there was the paper products business where we made custom gift tags and mini scrapbooks.  Our product line even made it into stores!  (Well, the lady who cut our hair let us display them on a shelf in her shop.  I think we sold about $15 worth in 4 or 5 months.)

Moving on. Our second business idea... a party-planning business!  Picture it - Party in a Box, owned and operated by Jill & Kay.  That's right!  The plan was to create various party themes and pack all the decorations and favors into a box, and viola!  Party in a box!  (That idea never quite got off the ground.  However, don't steal it, cause I'm thinking about adding onto the photography business one of these days.)  :)

Throwing Larkyn a surprise party combined our first two business ideas with the photography business... and we were pretty pleased with the result!


While Larkyn and her folks were visiting us from Kentucky, on the morning of the big party, Kay & I took Larkyn out for a real Texas photoshoot.  :)




"Wagon Wheels" and "Texas Twists."
(A.k.a. hot dog on a pretzel and sliced up swiss rolls.)
REAL party food.  :) 


"A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face..."  
                                                     - Proverbs 15:13



As a kid in central Alabama, I remember several birthday parties that took place on our carport.  I don't know why I thought it was so cool, but let me tell you - a party on the carport is where it's at!  (Mom, in case you're paying close attention... for my 24th birthday I'm hoping for either a science fiction themed carport party or a Tangled (Rapunzel) carport party.  Please don't forget the piñata.  Thanks.)





To our favorite cowgirl, Larkyn: we had so much fun being part of your birthday celebration!  We love you!  (Come back to visit us soon!)  ;)

Jill
__

2 comments:

  1. What a cool, fun party! I love the portraits you took of her! She's super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys and love the pictures we had the best time.

    ReplyDelete