Thursday, June 7, 2012

graduation | 6.7.12

Well folks, it finally happened.
I ... graduated!


I was so blessed to have so many dear ones willing to endure the length of my graduation ceremony.  :)
It was a special honor for my grandparents to see my campus and watch me walk.
(Note I used the word "walk," because I successfully made it all the way across the stage without tripping!)


And when I pulled my loaded-to-the-brim station wagon into the driveway,
I was met with a beautiful banner!  (Thanks, Mom!)


JK Photography began with my senior pictures as a high school graduate.  Now, five years later, I laugh when I look at the difference between my high school senior snapshots and my college senior photos.  A lot of things have changed in the time between the two.  


So, thank you Mom & Kay, for making the trek back to Cumberland with me to help document some of these special places!  Beginning with... the Angel Dale House - our BCM [Baptist Campus Ministries] building.  It is an older... let's say... well-loved building, and I spent many many hours there, both as a workstudy and simply to hang out.  If those walls could speak... oh the stories they could tell!  



Over the years we done a lot of exploring - the benefit of going to school in a small city with "nothing" to do.
You never know what might be lurking in the woods of Whitley County!  :)


There is a place along the highway that we've affectionately dubbed "the pyramids," because from the road it looks like a giant pyramid on either side.  I've clocked a lot of hours up on the mountain, reading and praying, journaling and thinking, and just resting. 



See the pyramid? 


On lazy Saturday afternoons, the Peddler's Mall was a favorite place.  For me, it was always a scouting expedition to find old cameras.  I had quite a few successes.  (The camera below was one such success - a gift from dear friends who searched high & low to find it for me.) 


On such a special occasion as graduation, I wanted to represent a bit of Southeast Asia - with freshwater pearls all the way from Thailand.  The bracelet is from a very special group of Christian women in Bangkok, whose stories I still remember today.  And when I bought the necklace in Hua Hin, the shopkeeper instructed me to keep a tight grip on the strand to ensure no monkey thieves could snatch it.  :)



It's crazy how the time flew by.  I am so very thankful for the years spent at Cumberland - for the people I met and the experiences I was blessed to have!

"...sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, 
thanking God the Father every step of the way."
                                                            - Colossians 3:17 [the Message]

jill <><
__

No comments:

Post a Comment