Friday, August 5, 2011

summer days @ the beach | hua hin, thailand

Our last weekend in Bangkok, we all loaded up in vans and headed to the beach.  While we loved being in the city, with all the people and the hustle and bustle, it was definitely time for a bit of rest and relaxation.  With that in mind, Hua Hin was exactly what we needed. 


[Tyler, Mark, me, and Hannah... part of my summer team.]

We heard about a place on the mountain where monkeys ran wild.  Although I wasn't able to understand completely, I think it has something to do with a special wat (temple) that is on the top of the mountain.  Regardless - we had to check it out.  There were literally HUNDREDS of monkeys - running all over the place.  One even walked right up and stole a ping pong ball out of Kyle's backpack!


(Despite what it looks like... I didn't get that close.)




In Thailand, the King and the royal family are revered by all the people.  You'll see pictures of the king literally everywhere.  Below is just one example...


For those of you who know me... you'll understand that this next picture is a big deal.  Why?  I'm standing... in the... OCEAN.  And get this - I went out all the way up to my shoulders!  (I'm a great swimmer, it's just that I am a bit uncomfortable with the idea that I'm sharing the water with certain... creatures.)



What better place to play ultimate frisbee, than on the beach?



We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location.  The morning we were there, most of us girls woke up very early to go down to the beach and watch the sun rise.  Unfortunately, the sun rose behind the mountain.  However, even better than a sunrise - I was walking along the beach and glanced up to see the most beautiful rainbow stretching right across the hotel!  It was a wonderful reminder of God's promises, not only for my life, but also for the whole of Thailand. 



Mark quite enjoyed relaxing under the palm trees.  :)


And of course... I had to get in a few shots of my favorite Bangkok residents, Asher, Roger, Courtney, and Baby Jack!


Asher looooooves Hua Hin.  He even got in on the frisbee throwing.



Jack and Jill... best buds. :)


My new favorite animated movie is Tangled, and I especially like the scene with the floating lanterns.  So naturally, when I caught sight of these huge, beautiful, floating lanterns flying away over the ocean, I instantly got excited.


"Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation!" 
                        - Isaiah 65:18

jill <><
_

No comments:

Post a Comment